Woodie was looking for guest bloggers, so here I am!
I didn’t have anything bloggish to submit yet, so I thought you all might enjoy the challenge of a little Name That Tune from my twisted music collection. Most (but not all) of these songs are played on TheRadio.fm / Poprock80s / Ghetto Radio. Sorry, there are no prizes, but maybe if I beg Woodie he will mention the winner’s name and express our admiration of your lyrics guessing prowess on the station. Without further ado, here are the songs. Post your guesses in Replies below.
1. Carolina, wind your body girl
2. Well, she was an American girl raised on promises
3. Everybody got a room, everybody got a room
4. Children are innocent, teenagers fucked up in the head
5. In the shuffling madness of the (song title)
6. Hey, hey-hey hey…there’ll be food on the table tonight
7. The deception with tact, just what are you trying to say?
8. Doctor, what is happening to me?
9. See myself in the pouring home
10. She would never say where she came from
11. I try to breathe. Memories overtaking me.
12. Come with me on a journey beneath the skin
13. She’s got an alligator bag, top hat to match
14. She makes his coffee, she makes his bed
15. 3:30 in the morning, not a soul in sight
16. Baby we can talk all night
17. I don’t wanna be a crippled cracked
18. Love spreads her arms, waits there for the nails
19. Hey now where you going with that load of nothing in your hand
20. I would say I’m sorry if I thought that it would change your mind
21. I used to know a girl…she had two pierced nipples and a black tattoo
22. Living my life in a slow hell
23. Remember when the days were long and rolled beneath a deep blue sky
24. I get the same old dream same time every night
25. Baby take off your coat real slow